Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 4000 Pro Base Model Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Hmm I have a problem here the bios says DDR3 @ 1066 MHz but windows 11,10,8.1 says 1333 MHz so then windows 7 says 1600 MHz  what is the ram speed on my PC I need to upgrade to 8gb ofcourse because it only supports 8gb so can I put 1600 MHz or 1333 MHz some times bios saying 1333 MHz what I pick now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The maximum speed your PC can run the memory at is 1066 MHz.

I recommend that you install DDR3-1333 MHz memory.

Something like this...

Amazon.in: Buy Dolgix 4GB DDR3 RAM | 1333MHz Desktop RAM (Memory) U-DIMM | Long-DIMM | CL-9 | PC3-10...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The maximum speed your PC can run the memory at is 1066 MHz.

I recommend that you install DDR3-1333 MHz memory.

Something like this...

Amazon.in: Buy Dolgix 4GB DDR3 RAM | 1333MHz Desktop RAM (Memory) U-DIMM | Long-DIMM | CL-9 | PC3-10...

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul_Tikkanen for this cheaper ram and clearing my problems very thanks @ Paul_Tikkanen 👍

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.