Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1226s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed an EVGA Nvidia GT 710 graphics card in my Pavilion p7-1226s, and when I turned on the PC, it stayed at the HP startup screen and did not load any further. It would also give a single beep every so often. I cannot enter Startup Options by pressing ESC. I removed the card and the PC worked fine again. I checked the card before removing it and it was seated properly.

I had previously installed a 430W power supply, so wattage is not the issue.

I researched the issue online, and it seems like the problem may be with the HP PC motherboard (IPISB-CU), not the card. Can anyone tell me how to get this card to work with this PC, please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SJTemp, welcome to the forum.

The GT 730 video card requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard / Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  There is no way to upgrade the BIOS to UEFI.  I suggest that you contact EVGA's Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) to see if they can help you make the card work.  Otherwise, the last cards that didn't require UEFI are the GT 640's.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

You are correct.

The 700 series cards require UEFI BIOS.

Your PC will run Nvidia 600 series cards.

There is no fix for this problem.

Jay

HP Recommended

SJTemp, welcome to the forum.

The GT 730 video card requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard / Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  There is no way to upgrade the BIOS to UEFI.  I suggest that you contact EVGA's Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) to see if they can help you make the card work.  Otherwise, the last cards that didn't require UEFI are the GT 640's.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you both for the response. I appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  I hope all goes well.

HP Recommended

So this card isnt a hybrid. Cause I though I saw somewhere that this card is a hybrid. So it would support UEFI and Legacy bios.

HP Recommended

@Fisher15, you are posting on a thread that is over 2 years old.  A lot of things change in technology in that period of time.  It would not be strange for a manufacturer to upgrade their product to work with older computers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.