Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I have a problem with speed of RAM, i searched what i have in pc and i had 16GB of RAM and 3200MHz speed so i decided to upgrade to more RAM, i searched what type of RAM i can use, and it was said - maximum RAM 32GB DDR4 and 3200MHz, i installed them to the pc, i watched it in pc, and in cmd, but it said they are running only on 2400MHz. Thats difference between 2400 and 3200. What can i do with it to make run on 3200MHz.

Thanks for response.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Apolinko,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

The problem is that your desktop is quite finnicky when it comes to RAM and achieving max RAM speed.

What is happening to your RAM is that it got stuck at its default ("SPD") speed, and there is nothing you can do to fix/change that.

Please return your Corsair or G.SKILL RAM and pick one of these 2x16GB RAM kits for best RAM performance and at 3200 MHz:

Samsung M378A2G43AB3-CWE 2x16GB
Samsung M378A2K43EB1-CWE 2 x 16GB
Crucial CT16G4DFD832A 2 x 16GB
Hynix HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN 2x16GB
Micron 8ATF2G64AZ-3G2E1 2x16GB

Please use matching (identical) RAM for best RAM performance.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.