Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion All-In-One (a232ur)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get required speed from upgraded system.

motherboard palau-2gf on chipset Intel H170

all tested harddrives get only  about 120 Mb/sec read    😞

drives (stock:seagate ST1000DM003 and upgraded:SSD Patriot Blast [PBT240GS25SSDR] )

I've tried last SATA controller drivers from microsoft and from Intel.

Please answer is it normal SATA 1 speed for system bult in new chipset?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mrMonday,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get only about 120 Mb/sec read speed after the upgrade on your HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a232ur.

This issue could occur if the motherboard supports only 120 Mb/sec read speed as all tested hard drives have the same speed. 

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow23,

If you "work on behalf of HP" in will be good idea to read about its products.

My desktop buld on modern Intel chipset https://ark.intel.com/products/90595/Intel-H170-Chipset

Motherboard description: Palau-2GF

It supports 7th-generation Intel CPUs, and DDR4 memory modules.

I think that it must work faster with HDD.

But гnfortunately I have: sata.jpg

HP Recommended

@mrMonday
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

As this issue requires one to one interaction over the phone, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.