Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Happy holidays to all.

I purchased an HP Envy Curved All-in-One earlier this year. This particular model has a i7 processor, a Sumsung SM951 128GB SSD, and Samsung M201RAD 1TB hard drive. My machine is still under warranty and I reached out to HP support to ask about options to upgrade my SSD drive to a larger drive; 128GB just does not go that far these days. I have attached the following "chat" session log with an HP support analyst and was interested in any input from forum members as to whethere or not you believe my situatiion is as bleak as the chat session suggests? By the way, I am very happy with this machine; it has worked flawlessly and meets all of my needs.  Thanks to all for your input.

11:06 AM Checking configuration...
11:06 AM Connecting...
11:06 AM You have granted full permission to Technician. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.
11:06 AM Checking configuration...
11:06 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
12:15 PM Support session established with justin .

12:16 PM Gary DeShazo: Hello Justin
12:16 PM justin : Hi Gary
12:16 PM justin : unfortunelty you cannot replace your hard drive
12:16 PM justin : this computer is not a system where parts can be replaced
12:17 PM Gary DeShazo: Well that is not good news
12:17 PM justin : I am sorry for this news
12:17 PM justin : Your option would be to connect an external drive
12:17 PM justin : and keep your data there
12:17 PM Gary DeShazo: What do I do if my c: drive fails?
12:17 PM justin : If the system is under warranty we send a replacment
12:18 PM justin : if not under warranty your option would be to send to depot at your cost
12:18 PM justin : is there anything else I can help you with today
12:18 PM Gary DeShazo: Well, my system is working fine so that is not a problem; unfortunatey, the SSD drive is too small. Seems I will have to look at other options?
12:19 PM Gary DeShazo: Nope, pretty simple question.
12:19 PM Gary DeShazo: Thanks for your help.
12:19 PM justin : Thank you Garyu
12:19 PM justin : Gary happy holidays
12:19 PM Gary DeShazo: Same to you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your input. With  TreeSize I have looked at what is on the drive and its my engineering applications that are getting me into trouble. I have pushed as much as I can to the HDD. 1TB is more than enough for data storage at this point in time. None-the-less, the more I have thought about the HP technician's response I have concluded that he was not "informed" enough to provide a proper answer.

Hopefully other forum members will throw some information my way so that I can try to put a plan together to address my needs. And thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

128GB is too big for me actually (my machine has Windows, MS Office 2010 suite, Adobe CS6 suite and a dozen other apps). I ONLY keep programs and OS on SSD and data/files on other HDD (or even SSD) and I only need to back up data/files.  One storage configution for the series

Internal drives 2TB 5400 rpm SATA  and 128 GB SATA M.2 SSD (your machine has 1TB + 128GB).

Anyway, you can upgrade SSD or HDD or both.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input. With  TreeSize I have looked at what is on the drive and its my engineering applications that are getting me into trouble. I have pushed as much as I can to the HDD. 1TB is more than enough for data storage at this point in time. None-the-less, the more I have thought about the HP technician's response I have concluded that he was not "informed" enough to provide a proper answer.

Hopefully other forum members will throw some information my way so that I can try to put a plan together to address my needs. And thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.