Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello guys, im about to get R7 340 and put it into HP compaq 6200 pro sff but i wonder is my power supply enough for the gpu and will it fit the case ? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The card should fit as long as it looks like the one in the picture and your PC has the PCIe x16 slot free.

What isn't shown is the correct mounting bracket you need for the SFF.

The one in the picture is for a standard size desktop (tower) PC.

This link has a picture of one with the low-profile mounting bracket your PC uses.

PC Partner Radeon R7 340 2GB DDR3 PCI-e DVI-DISPLAY PORT LOW PROFILE LOT V61 | eBay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you buy the low-profile card with the low-profile mounting bracket, it should fit and work just fine with the 240W power supply your PC has.

The recommended P/S is 250W but the 10W shortage should not matter.

AMD Radeon R7 340 OEM Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but i want to know that will the FE bar fit my little case if it already has 3 slots of outputs ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The card should fit as long as it looks like the one in the picture and your PC has the PCIe x16 slot free.

What isn't shown is the correct mounting bracket you need for the SFF.

The one in the picture is for a standard size desktop (tower) PC.

This link has a picture of one with the low-profile mounting bracket your PC uses.

PC Partner Radeon R7 340 2GB DDR3 PCI-e DVI-DISPLAY PORT LOW PROFILE LOT V61 | eBay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.