Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion a6157c
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I need an answer to this. i found a bios update that was released in 2012 and i want to install the latest update, but im using windows 10 and this update was for windows vista, can i install this bios update in windows 10 or i can't and have to downgrade to windows 7 and do it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Download the softpaq and double click on it. If it runs, then it should update the BIOS. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Download the softpaq and double click on it. If it runs, then it should update the BIOS. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, only one problem, it says you must have windows vista as an operating sytem, do i just install it or does it need windows vista for it to work. please reply as quickly as you can, thanks.

HP Recommended

Do you have a spare hard disk that you can put Vista on just for this?

It is a simple as unplugging the current hard disk and conecting the other one and then using the recovery media to install Vista.

You don't even have to install it with all the screws and the works.

Connect the temporary hard disk and power connetor and just let it hang temporarily while you continue with the Vista install.

Once installed you can update the BIOS, shut it down, remove the Vista disk and reconnect  the Windows 10 disk.

That should do it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.