Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a decent pc from hp (550-153na) but i am looking to upgrade...

I have bought a ZOTAC GTX 1050TI for my system, I have checked and it fits i just need a PSU...

I am looking to buy a CORSAIR VS450 psu and it is just a tiny bit bigger than my psu (180w) in my pc at the moment...BUT

Any help on,

will it fit in my 

and does it have all the correct cable connections (SHOWN BELOW)

ATX Connector type 20+4 pin
CPU Connector 1x ATX/EPS12V (4+4Pin),
PCI-E Connectors 2x 6+2 pin
Molex (Peripheral) Connectors 4

FDD Power connectors 2

SATA Power connectors 4

THANKS VERY MUCH 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your desktop PC requires a stadard ATX PSU.

I suggest using a modular type PSU. That  PSU type will allow for much simpler cable management. Corsair make a

CX-M Series PSU that has modular cabling. Modular cabling means that cables that you don't need to use don't have to be plugged into the PSU. That way there is no extra cabling around that you will have to find a place to store.

Consider the CX-450 PSU instead of the VS450. The price is reasonable as well.

See the following specification document. 

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-series-cx450m-450-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-atx-psu-na

The Corsiar VS450 PSU that you inquired about does have all of the cables you require.

It does have fixed sleeved cabling, which means there will be extra cabling in your PC's case.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your desktop PC requires a stadard ATX PSU.

I suggest using a modular type PSU. That  PSU type will allow for much simpler cable management. Corsair make a

CX-M Series PSU that has modular cabling. Modular cabling means that cables that you don't need to use don't have to be plugged into the PSU. That way there is no extra cabling around that you will have to find a place to store.

Consider the CX-450 PSU instead of the VS450. The price is reasonable as well.

See the following specification document. 

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-series-cx450m-450-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-atx-psu-na

The Corsiar VS450 PSU that you inquired about does have all of the cables you require.

It does have fixed sleeved cabling, which means there will be extra cabling in your PC's case.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.