Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Small Form Factor PC

PSU upgrade for EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF PC.

I have installed a dedicated GPU and added more of the same RAM the PC came with. The dedicated GPU I have installed is an Nvidia GTX 1650 sff. And my RAM is now 32GB. I am worried the stock PSU is not powerful enough to properly supply power to the PC after these upgrades.

I am looking for an upgrade to the stock PSU that fits inside the small form-factor chassis. I do not know the exact power draw of my current PC. The PC is currently running with the stock PSU but the GPU isn't being fully utilised and its temperatures rise fast. I am looking for at least 275W but am aiming for a 300-500W upgrade. I cannot find a PSU that fits all these criteria.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF is delivered with a 180 W PSU that definitely does not have enough grunt for a dedicated GPU.

In reality you are asking a lot for an upgrade of such an entry level PC.

You could have had way more bang for your GB Pounds with a refurbished desktop PC. 

Consider that for your next PC if budget constraints are an issue.

Here are a few possible  PSU upgrades for your PC. Just use the part numbers and search in your UK region for them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+elitedesk+800+g3+sff+power+supply&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=APwX...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Do you know if the PSUs for the non sff versions of the elitedesk 800 use the same dimensions? 

HP Recommended

I suggest  taking a read of the thread at the hyperlink below.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-an-HP-EliteDesk-800-6...

I do suggest taking UserBenchmark information at face value  since reviews  about it on the internet are a bit mixed. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.