Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 700-249
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card from a GeForce GT 635 to a GeForce GTX 960 AMP.

I was wondering if my computer would be able to support it, and whether the card would fit inside properly? 

My computer specs:

HP Envy 700-249

Intel Core i7-4770 

CPU @ 3.40 GHz

12 GB Ram

Power Supply: 460 W

Thanks,

Mitchell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC's BIOS will support the card.

You need one 6 pin connection to the card.

The card is a dual slot and is 9.5 inches in length. Check measurements in your tower and make sure you can install a dual slot card.

The power supply is fine provided you have a six or eight pin connection available.  

Nvidia will provide an adapter.

Disable secure boot. Enable legacy boot.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC's BIOS will support the card.

You need one 6 pin connection to the card.

The card is a dual slot and is 9.5 inches in length. Check measurements in your tower and make sure you can install a dual slot card.

The power supply is fine provided you have a six or eight pin connection available.  

Nvidia will provide an adapter.

Disable secure boot. Enable legacy boot.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure you completely uninstall the current graphics drivers and all related software.

Check "Programs and Features" until no residual Nvidia software remains.

Enjoy your new card!

Jay

HP Recommended

Thanks man!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.