Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Great little PC indeed, ideal for media server. It is a shame that HP didn't do better cooling, this one is not sufficient even for 65W CPUs if you have stock cooler and don't want to modify the PC case.

Spare parts are not easy to find in EU, so this makes these PCs less attractive but after all the fast work and two nvme ssd slots makes life easier, so I mostly love my HP.

HP Recommended

@yavor-ivanov,

Ah, don't be too hard on HP with regard to the EliteDesks: they were only meant as office/business-class PCs, not as lean-mean gaming machines or servers.  I was relieved that HP did not impose an upper processor power ceiling/limit and as I found out, can power all the way up to Intel's most powerful 9th gen i9-CPU available, the 127 watt i9-9900KS.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Not sure that I am too hard, I mostly like them because of the many options and fast work, but they could be perfect if the 95W cooling solution was installed out of the box for the 65W CPUs, because obviously 65W  is not enougth for anything but the i3 CPUs. 

Yes, they are meant as office PCs , but even as such, with this cooling, they are extremly loud in Windows 11. Usually when the PC starts, the anti malware services kick in and takes all the resources for a whlle.  My PC want to fly away and is unbearably loud.  

Thanks god that software like ThrottleStop exists, because no option in the bios is provided.

HP Recommended

Hello NonSequitur,

I saw your post and i wonder if you might help me.

I have this Hp ProOne 400 G2 Touch AIO, with core i3.

The service manual presents many configurations for this machine, one of them with core i7 6700 processore.

Well i bought an i7 6700, installed it but the machine doesn't boot. Instead there's a sequence of 3 + 4 beeps/LEDs and it don't start!

The service manual states this code sequence as "3.4 The system board displays a power failure (crowbar)".

What does this even mean (crowbar?!) and why doesn't the machine start normally, as expected?

Do you any idea and how to solve it?

Best regards,

Jaime

HP Recommended

@JaFre,

Did you perchance switch from an i3-6300T (35 watt TDP) to an i7-6700 (65 watt TDP) and do you have the 90 watt power supply?

If this is your scenario, then as per: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04874678#AbT4, you should upgrade your power supply to the 120 watt power supply with p/n: 826554-001 "EPS FLORA120W 88Eff 19.5V 3P/RC Slim".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777

Hello,

Speaking of the i9 9900KS you installed in your PC, how is it compared to the i9 9900K? Was there a noticeable performance boost on the HP motherboard?

As I understand HP's motherboards don't allow you to overclock CPU's and it's this that usually bridges the gap between the K and KS models. I'm wondering as I can't overclock the K variant should I get the KS variant if I want more performance.

Many thanks, Friddle

HP Recommended

a crowbar power supply message indicates that the power supply detected a direct short between a voltage output and ground on the power supply,....... causing the power supply to shutdown in a attempt to protect the power supply and any attached items like hard drives/motherboard

you need to inspect all power connections to the motherboard and attached devices,  common issues are connections off by one pin wrong connector attached to motherboard or GPU AUX connector

or wrong cpu installed, or cpu installed in wrong orientation in socket

HP Recommended

@Friddle,

Honestly, there is little practical difference between an i9-9900K/F and an i9-9900KS, especially considering its steep pricing compared with an i9-9900K/F.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777 I'm gonna buy one and try it.

Afterwards I'll leave here feedback  if it was solved or not

Looked everywhere and apparently just me trying this. few other people asked the same but none of the cases received an affirmative answer  with a testimony that it works.

Grateful NonSequitur777

Thank you so much for the input.

Cheers 

HP Recommended

@JaFre,

You are quite welcome and will be here to assist when needed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.