Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 700-329
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Have upgraded over  time the Power Supply to 650w Gold, Samsung Evo 1tb ssd. Now I want to upgrade from my Nvidia 760 to a Zotec Nvidia gtx 1070 8gb "MINI"..  "MODEL "ZT-P10700G-10M"

Newegg Canada description link below.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500408&cm_re=ZOTAC_GeForce_GTX_1070_8GB_DDR5...

The current card I have installed was an upgrade from the original & it's 9 1\2" x 3 3\4" x 1 1/2". Single slot.

The card I'm thinking about getting as mentioned above is according to Newegg.ca  is (L x H)8.27" x 4.80" Dual Slot.

So the length is fine as it's shorter but the width from Motherboard out is wider.

Has anyone installed one of these cards & had success with fit?

Prices are a lot higher here in Canada for anything related to computer components, these go for $390 in the U.S.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't see an issue. However, open up the PC and measure. Additionally, make sure that the power supply has an 8 pin PCI-e auxiliary power connector and that the total wattage is 500+ watts per ZOTAC.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't see an issue. However, open up the PC and measure. Additionally, make sure that the power supply has an 8 pin PCI-e auxiliary power connector and that the total wattage is 500+ watts per ZOTAC.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Good morning Big_Dave,

After doing more reading & waiting for the best price I could find, I settled for a Zotac 1060 6gb mini. It's actually a lot shorter than my gtx 760 & the same width. Power draw is acutally less too. Will be no problem with the Thermaltake 750 watt gold power supply I ugraded to a couple of years ago when I bought this system. Power connector is good no problems.

Also, upgraded the hdd not too long ago, installed a 1gb samsung 850 evo as main drive & now use the original 1gb wd as d:\ for files & programs I don't use too often.

Will be upgrading the ram from the original 12 gb to 16 very soon, have read the documentation so it should be easy.

So thanks for the assistance, appreciate the help!

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.