Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This computer has a AM2 Socket and I ran a memory scan on my pc at www.crucial.com and my computer only supports 4 GB Memory 2 x 2 GB memory modules even with a 64 bit operating system

HP Recommended

I got a HP 6240sc pc and already have 8 GB DDR3 ram in it but its 64 bit windows7 I use.

In the  system info it dont say that some of it is not in use. I was seraching to see if I will mannage 12 GB?

I will try that today. ( 32 bit never get over 4 GB ram in use even if you connect higher)

HP Recommended

Do you have the M2N68-LA(Narra6) motherboard? if so, you have 8 GB installed currently? You also must have the most current bios? I did hear that with a 64 system and a 64 bit operating system your computer can address higher ram memory amounts.

Thanks for your input

HP Recommended

What does it mean under the option drop down arrow, subscribe to RSS feed? 

HP Recommended
I already get emails when people reply to this topic.
HP Recommended

In fact both the HP and Crucial sites are wrong.

This board will take 2 x Crucial CT51264BA1339 240pin 4GB Dimms.

It runs fine with 8 GB.

HP Recommended

Hi there I have the HP Pavilion p6707c with the M2N68-LA(Narra6) motherboard. I have a few questions, why is it that the stock AMD Athlon II X2 250 (AM3) works in the AM2+ socket? Also looking at the product specifications it states that my MoBo takes DDR3 RAM but I've ran severl programs and they say I have DDR2??? I'm looking into upgrading to 8GB RAM soon 

HP Recommended

@BlackHatPowerfu

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you want to know about the maximum amount of memory that is supported by the M2N68-LA(Narra6) motherboard,

If you haven't found the details using the suggestions by the other experts on the same post, I would recommend you check for the parts compatible with your computer on the HP Parts store: Click here

For your reference, here's the Memory upgrade information:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR2 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • Supported DIMM types:
    • PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
    • PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs

*32-bit operating systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

For details: Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You still have not helped me or answered any questions I asked. Look on your own link that you sent me it states that my PC comes with DDR3. Also the stock processor is AM3 and the socket on the Mobo is AM2+ why is that? Also I know my Mobo can take 8gb of ram because someones already says it works with M2N68-LA(Narra6) but your product details and other maufacturers specs say otherwise and aren't repliable. 

HP Recommended

@BlackHatPowerfu

Thank you for replying,

The website shows the details of your product compatibility depending on each hardware manufacturer,

As you know HP doesn't manufacture most of the hardware that goes into your computer and hence the details we have is based on the manufacturers of each hardware such as the AMD AM3 motherboard on it.

If you have received other information from alternate sources, you may upgrade the RAM at your own discretion 🙂

Let me know if there's something else i can help you with,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.