Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPE h8-1360t

HP Case Clamp.JPG

Someone who shall spend eternity in the fires of damnation has lost the little clamp that holds expansion cards in place.

I don't even know what the proper name for this part is and I cannot find it mentioned anywhere as a distinct piece.

Does anyone know what it is called and (more importantly) where I can buy one?

Please don't guess for me. I can do the math on "Did you try...?"

If you know, I love you and thanks 🙂

If you have one for sale, imagine my gratitude XD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-644055-001-Pro-3500-Series-MT-PCI-Retaining-Cover-Retention-Plate-Bracket...

"Bracket" was the first part of the answer, although technically it's a "Bracket Cover" according to support documents for other units with this style of securing expansion cards.

+1 for y2Ken getting me started in the right direction.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I can't view your photo but generally speaking these are called PCI Slot Covers or Brackets.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended
It's a pity you could see my photo but I was quite clear about the item being the clamp, not a cover.

Imagine you have everything the way you want it and you have to put that plate in place before placing a single screw through it, thereby holding all the covers in place under the clamp using a single screw... The clamp plate is what I'm looking for.

Thanks much.
HP Recommended

Without a photo it is not as clear as you might think. There are many different methods used to secure an expansion card. In trying to help you I referenced the most common method.

Luckily the photo you posted is now displaying properly. According to the Upgrading and Service Guide [Page 19-20] it is simply called a "bracket". 

You can try searching for the part at this link: HPE PartSurfer

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to view the Upgrading and Service Guide [Page 19-20] and this link: HPE PartSurfer. The item is not recognised, probably due to being an integral part of the case instead of an accessory.

Guess it time for a new case.

HP Recommended

Found it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-644055-001-Pro-3500-Series-MT-PCI-Retaining-Cover-Retention-Plate-Bracket...

"Bracket" was the first part of the answer, although technically it's a "Bracket Cover" according to support documents for other units with this style of securing expansion cards.

+1 for y2Ken getting me started in the right direction.

HP Recommended

Glad I could help. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.