Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I'm looking to purchase the Hard Drive Isolation Mounting Guide Screws for addind additional Hard Drives to my HP Dc7900CMT. Anyone know where I can get them? Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If there isn't a spare set inside the case on the drive bay, then you are out of luck.

They are only sold with the purchase of a HP hard drive.

I have searched everywhere for folks and cannot find any that even resemble the ones in a dc5800/dc7800, dc7900 or 8000 - 8300 Elite, 6200 Pro.

I have given away all of the spare sets I have.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If there isn't a spare set inside the case on the drive bay, then you are out of luck.

They are only sold with the purchase of a HP hard drive.

I have searched everywhere for folks and cannot find any that even resemble the ones in a dc5800/dc7800, dc7900 or 8000 - 8300 Elite, 6200 Pro.

I have given away all of the spare sets I have.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank You. A google search using the part number turned up ridiculous prices of anywhere between $34 & $84 for the set of four. At that price I could pick up an off lease unit and have spare parts.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Check with a computer recycler in your area.  For example in the St. Louis area, we have EPC.

There are others in the area, but that one comes to mind because our company sells them our old stuff.

Perhaps one of those places will either give or sell you a set for a couple bucks.

Remember, these are the same screws that are on all the models I listed above--CMT's or SFF's

Paul

HP Recommended

For others searching for drive mounting screws, I found this solution works perfectly:

#6-32 machine screws in 3/8" length

#4 washers

#10 washers

Place two #4 washers on each machine screw.  Next, place two or three #10 washers on each machine screw.  I found it works best when one side of the drive has two #10 washers and the other side of the drive has three #10 washers.  Your results will vary depending on the thichness of the washers you buy.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.