Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a brand new Envy 750xt (Just took it out of the box yesterday) and I opted to go for a non-HP-supplied GPU once I got my PC set up. I'm currently looking at a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti and a GTX 950. I know that the 750 will work just fine, but will the 950? My budget only really allows for an older gen graphics card, but if the 950 is better and won't make my brand new PC catch fire then I will go with that one.

I have an i7-4790 quad-core processor, 12 GB of RAM, and a 500W PSU.

My monitor is at 1080p, so even if this computer were capable of 4k resolution, that would do nothing for me, which is another reason why a slightly older card is fine, but I still want to go with the best possible option. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just got the gtx 950 and put it in my hp 700-414 huge upgrade and its an asus one the requires no pcie power pins. it draws power directly from the pci express slot. so the max power draw of the card is 75 watts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I just got the gtx 950 and put it in my hp 700-414 huge upgrade and its an asus one the requires no pcie power pins. it draws power directly from the pci express slot. so the max power draw of the card is 75 watts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.