Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-256na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I was just wondering if the RMi Series™ RM850i — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (UK Plug) would be able to fit in a HP Pavilion 550-256na Desktop?

If not then can someone recommend me a powerful PSU that would fit in it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Compare the measurements on the 850 to your existing power supply.

I just installed a Corsair RM650x in an Envy 810-150se.

An Rm750x was too long. It would fit but you could not make the modular cable connections to the power supply as the optical drive was in the way.

A 600 watt to 650 watt power supply should provide more than enough power needed to run whatever you are planning to add to the system.

Only you can verify this by checking all of the measurements. You may have a problem installing a 650 watt power supply.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Compare the measurements on the 850 to your existing power supply.

I just installed a Corsair RM650x in an Envy 810-150se.

An Rm750x was too long. It would fit but you could not make the modular cable connections to the power supply as the optical drive was in the way.

A 600 watt to 650 watt power supply should provide more than enough power needed to run whatever you are planning to add to the system.

Only you can verify this by checking all of the measurements. You may have a problem installing a 650 watt power supply.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

The Corsair VS650 is the same size as the current one. I will try it out.

Thank you very much for the answer.

HP Recommended

hi,

You're welcome.

Hope it goes well for you.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.