Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

so i don't know why my post got flagged maybe i was making too many edits or whatever, but any who

i did get around my error.

i had to use Award WinFlash, as the tool that comes with the bios is junk.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL29442/pv-73188-1/sp43099.exe

thank you (Paul_Tikkanen)

you need to use 7zip or winrar to extract the files

the file you want is (asp5.13)

now you want to open Award WinFlash and make a backup of your current bios and get it to a safe place off the computer

and make a dos boot USB with the Awdflash DOS tool just as a fallback (you can make a DOS USB with rufus)

after that you want to update the bios

To update your BIOS with WinFlash:

1. Select File -> Open. If your current BIOS version doesn't support WinFlash, it will give a warning. Do not continue in that case and use awdflash in DOS
  2. Choose the correct BIOS data file
  3. Select File -> Update BIOS
  4. Choose Yes on "Do you want to load again"
  5. Click on the Update button to start the update
  6. When the flashing procedure completes, Winflash will ask you to reboot your PC: Select YES

you want to make sure that the computer is doing nothing when doing this

and you now should have an updated bios on the MS-7548 V1.0 (Aspen) motherboard

HP P/N 497257-001

MS-7548B0811322910

You're Welcome

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.