Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I was told by Microsoft that I need to upgrade my 2007 Bios version to a 2014 upwards in order for Microsoft Office 365 to work. I am trying to do this.

I have Microsoft Window 7 Ultimate now loaded onto a HP Pavilion a1700n Desktop Serial number [Personal Information Removed] Product Number Rk572AAR#ABA.

I have Quickbooks installed on this computer to run my business and I can not simply upload to another computer the software since it is discontinued and i lost the disc.

All is very old.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gio_MTL -- I was told by Microsoft that I need to upgrade my 2007 Bios version to a 2014 upwards in order for Microsoft Office 365 to work. I am trying to do this.

If your entire computer dates from 2007, it is likely that HP removed all the information about your computer from their web-site after 2017 -- ten years of support.

I have Quickbooks installed on this computer to run my business and I can not simply upload to another computer the software since it is discontinued and i lost the disc.

If it is important to use a computer to run your business, I highly recommend that you replace your current computer:

1. Windows 7 has been unsupported by Microsoft for a few years
  2. Windows 10 will be supported until October 2025
  3. Your "computer's disk-drive probably is slow, and should be replaced by a 10-times-faster SSD,
  4. Your computer's disk-drive is an "antique". Compare to automobile tires that have gone "bald" since they were installed in 2007.
  5. It is time to use Quickbooks to make an "export" of your database, purchase a new copy of Quickbooks, and "import" your database.

A failed, or failing, computer will severely interrupt your business. 

Replace the computer "now", rather than dealing with a replacement in a "panic" situation, when it fails.

All is very old.

Yes. Amortize the purchase-price of a new computer over 4 or 5 years, as a "business expense".

HP Recommended

Hello,

From a simple search I found that the latest BIOS for your model is 5.07, released late 2007.

HP Recommended

@Krotalias / @Gio_MTL -- that's a good "find".  However, that is not the "2014" BIOS that the Microsoft person suggested.  Sigh.  So, the computer could have been manufactured BEFORE 2007. 

My guess is 2005, with BIOS updates released for two years.

So, buy a new computer. Faster, and running Windows 11, because keeping your business going, on a new computer, is vital to you.

HP Recommended

hi

"I was told by Microsoft that I need to upgrade my 2007 Bios version to a 2014 upwards in order for Microsoft Office 365 to work. I am trying to do this."

Did Microsoft tell you that?
Sorry, but what would be the relationship between software of this type, and the need to have the latest bios..
If you try to use a recent version of microsoft office, it would be more the version of windows which is not suitable, and the hardware itself!

Tell more, about what you are trying to use, and the problem encountered

Trying to install an update, from a site other than hp, may work, but may also destroy your computer..
already that even if it comes from hp, the risk of failure and possible

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00820191

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-365/microsoft-365-and-office-resources

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.