Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Desktop Mini PC

want to upgrade cpu what will work'

i5 9500t @2'2 ghz 9th generation formerly coffee lake 6 cores 6 threads system board 8595 i have a 90 watt power supply

i upgraded memory to 64gb and storage to 2 tb

one last item i installed a hdmi connector and it does not communicat' used other video out with adapter it works any ideas' oh btw i did replace the new installed one with a different new one still not working

thanks for looking at my post and any help i can get

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@patm1198,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

[EDIT: included eBay purchase examples]

I would recommend sticking with a lower-TDP processor (TDP 35-watt) thus cooler running, either the i7-9700T (8-Cores, 8-Threads, 2.00 GHz up to 4.30 GHz) or an i9-9900T (8-Cores, 16-Threads, 2.10 GHz up to 4.40 GHz).  Mind you, an i9-9900T is quite expensive.

Just to make sure, you're referring to this HDMI connector:

NonSequitur777_0-1710797952781.png

This should work.  Make sure you got the right HDMI part number, though: L32387-001.  Also, make sure that this port is enabled in BIOS (that is, if that option exists, look under "Advanced").

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@patm1198,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

[EDIT: included eBay purchase examples]

I would recommend sticking with a lower-TDP processor (TDP 35-watt) thus cooler running, either the i7-9700T (8-Cores, 8-Threads, 2.00 GHz up to 4.30 GHz) or an i9-9900T (8-Cores, 16-Threads, 2.10 GHz up to 4.40 GHz).  Mind you, an i9-9900T is quite expensive.

Just to make sure, you're referring to this HDMI connector:

NonSequitur777_0-1710797952781.png

This should work.  Make sure you got the right HDMI part number, though: L32387-001.  Also, make sure that this port is enabled in BIOS (that is, if that option exists, look under "Advanced").

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.