Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Help me please my HP Pavilion p6-2090d won't power on, usually when i press the power button, it'll be blue, but now instead of blue it is orange. It started when my pc suddenly off and it happen frequently, i thought it was a software error but upgraded to Windows 8 with personal files save only. 

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmadhilmiaris,

You state the computer will not turn on, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

I would like you to attempt a hard reset first.

1.       Remove all cables and connections from the computer including the power cord

2.       Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds

3.       Just reconnect the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and power only

Try to boot the computer to see if anything different happens. Please respond with your results.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Hello RedRose0528,

That's correct, but sometimes when I try and boot up it can boot up but after maybe an hour it will shut down like a power failure and won't boot up the next time I try to boot up.

I tried doing those three steps but nothing happens.

Sorry for the late reply but thank you for willingly helping me in my problem.

Ahmadhilmiaris
HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

I would like you to look on the back on the computer underneath the power cord plug in. There should be a power indicator LED visable, can you tell if it's on or off, or solid or flashing.  

pwr led light.PNG

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

The led it's on, and solid.

HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

Thank you for your quick response.

The video cables that run from the back of your computer to the monitor, which cables are you using? VGA (blue), DVI (white), also do you have just 1 video cable connected?

Thanks

HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

No thank you for your time to reply me.

I'm using a VGA cable, and yes I only have one VGA connected.

HP Recommended

ahmadhilmiaris,

Here is a document  hat I would like you go go through, if there is anything in the document that you have already attempted just move on to the next step. Let me know if it helps you narrow down the cause of your issue. 

Thanks

HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

Alright, I'll let you know as soon as I'm done

Thank you
HP Recommended

ahmadhilmiaris, 

Okay, I will be monitoring your thread. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.