Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pav Gaming DT TG01-2083ur
Microsoft Windows 11

hi, i want to upgrade my gpu to rtx 3080 and i have only 400w power supply and i need 750 but i dont know what psu is good for my pc 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @nudurnastu 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

The maximum power supply for your PC that will install with no fuss is 500 watts, part number L05757-800. You should be able to buy this power supply at eBay.

Someone in this Forum just did a 650 watt HP power supply in a case similar to your case, power supply part number L36049-003. But a power supply connector to the MB had to be modified to work with the system.

The 3080 is not a good match for your PC (the card dimensions and power requirements). A 4070 offers comparable performance.

A 4070 similar to one shown at this Site may work with a 500 watt power supply if the card fits in your case. The 4070 is a 2.5 slot card at 10.5 inches in length. I just installed this card in a non-HP case so I am familiar with the card.

I don't know if this card would work with your case. Your case may limit card dimensions to about 10 inches in length.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.