Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, I had purchased this computer for a job and was ok for a while now they are saying I need to upgrade the processor. Thats fine no problem there till I started doing research and found out the I can't. I only had this computer for approx 6 months I feel I was not given all info on the system when I bought it. I believed and was told it was new however after digging around the system more it is not. My question is can this system be upgraded with a new motherboard and cpu. This is the only way I can keep my job. I can't afford a new computer. I know the processor can not that is why I am asking about the motherboard in order to do the upgrade. This is the first time I ever came across this situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

With the processor being non-upgradeable, a new motherboard that fits in the case would not be that difficult.  It is

• Mini ITX
  • Dimensions: 17.0x17.0 cm (6.7x6.7 in)

Just start shopping for that size motherboard that can use the Memory you have in that unit.  Then also pick an appropriate CPU.  It does not need to be in compliance as a HP replacement as the Windows will not transfer either.  Which means a new Windows install or Linux

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

With the processor being non-upgradeable, a new motherboard that fits in the case would not be that difficult.  It is

• Mini ITX
  • Dimensions: 17.0x17.0 cm (6.7x6.7 in)

Just start shopping for that size motherboard that can use the Memory you have in that unit.  Then also pick an appropriate CPU.  It does not need to be in compliance as a HP replacement as the Windows will not transfer either.  Which means a new Windows install or Linux

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.