Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp el8100sff & 8300 ultra slim
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi upgrading cpus as below

1. elite 8100sff  i3 550 to i5 -750

2. elite 8300usdt G630 to i5-3470s

both will not post-no beeps but  lights & fans on - then after 2-3 mins both fans go to max. what am I doing wrong or missed steps?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Latest BIOS ??

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4098387&swItemId=vc_113232_1&swEnvOid=413...

You are running Windows 10 (function differently that earlier Microsoft OS)

A CHANGE in Computer Hardware Config (Processors) .... which the Win10 OS detects .... creates a Win10 License Exception

PATIENCE REQUIRED (I have seen up to 5 minutes with some computers).  

Best to have an Internet connection for computer to contact Microsoft license activation servers.

According to Gabriel Aul, Vice President of Engineering for the Windows & Devices group at Microsoft, you can contact MS support from within Windows 10, explain your situation, and they’ll assist to activate Windows 10.

License Activation Process changed with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

https://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc’s-ha...

gb

HP Recommended

thank you so much for your answer which is such a surprise would newvr have considerd this problem -I will update you & forum iuncas eothers have had same (and not known where to turn)

regards, tony

HP Recommended

thank you so much for your answer which is such a surprise would never have considerd this problem -I will update you  in case :others have had same (and not known where to turn)

regards, tony

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.