Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3500 Microtower PC
hello, my mother board is foxconn 2ABF 3.10 what best cpu i upgrade sandy bridge or ivey bridge and The maximum capacity of the device and the fastest speed for the device tell me maximum to upgrade cpu and GPU 
and  memory ram the maximum 16 right ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

You are quite welcome -please follow up if you don't mind how things worked out for you.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

An HP Pro 3500 Microtower PC as fitted with a Cupertino 3 motherboard (SSID: Foxconn 2ABF) and an ATX 300-watt power supply, is compatible up to an i7-3770K (4-Cores, 8-Threads, 3.50 GHz up to 3.90 GHz, 77-watt TDP) and 2 x 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, DIMM (UDIMM), 240-pin RAM sticks.

For US Users, I would strongly recommend this quality/affordable ($20!) dual rank (2Rx8) 2 x 8GB Timetec RAM kit: https://www.amazon.com/Timetec-1600MHz-PC3L-12800-Unbuffered-Desktop/dp/B00IV19HZE/ref=sr_1_3?crid=E....

This information is also verified looking at these HP System Pro 3500 Series User benchmarks: UserBenchmark: HP Pro 3500 Series Compatible Components.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

Since your motherboard is 24-pin ATX power enabled, I believe that you could upgrade your power supply to a higher capacity ATX power supply.  And indeed, when we look at HP System Pro 3500 Series Users in the aforementioned link, we see, for example, a GTX 1080 Ti and an RTX 3070 Ti, which requires at least a 600-watt power supply.

Point is, it depends on your budget what GPU you would like to install in your PC.  If you want to stick with your 300-watt stock power supply, consider a GTX 1050 Ti or a GTX 1650.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Okay, for cpu i7 3770K the maximum i can to upgrade for my motherboard right ?

And for gpu can I upgrade to 1660 ti ?

And which best GPU you suggest with 16 ram with maximum CPU for my motherboard 

Regardless of the costs, look at the device for the best possible condition and develop it to the best and maximum upgrade

HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

Yes, personally, I would go for the i7-3770K.

Whatever pair of 8GB RAM sticks you end up purchasing, you'll get best RAM performance using identical RAM sticks (same brand, model and capacity).

In order to power a GTX 1660 Ti, change out the stock power supply and get (at least) a 400-watt ATX power supply equipped with one 8-pin PCIe power cable.

The aforementioned upgrades (CPU, RAM and GPU) will provide a huge PC performance boost.

When it comes to "best GPU", that totally depends on your budget -how much are you willing/able to spend.

For example, with a 500-watt power supply, you could power a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4060 model, such as this one: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database.

You got more money to spend?  Buy (at least) a 600-watt ATX power supply and a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4060 Ti model, such as this model: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 Ti OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database.

etc.

Truth be told, if you got the money to spend on these upgrades, perhaps you want to consider buying an actual gaming PC, such as an Omen 25L or beyond.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

RTX 4060 Ti With i7 3770K do can work good with out bottleneck or not, and if not which GPU better to work with this CPU without bottleneck , and thank you in advance for your help 

HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

An i7-3770K is surprisingly capable as a gaming processor.

I should know: one of my earliest HP legacy upgrade projects was an HP Compaq 6300 Pro SFF, which I also fitted with an i7-3770K: HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF Performance Results - UserBenchmark. It performed well.

Another upgrade project was an HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF, also fitted with an i7-3770K and paired with an RTX 3080 (using an external secondary synced PSU), performed outstandingly without showing bottlenecking: HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF Performance Results - UserBenchmark.

As far as an RTX 4060 Ti is concerned, yes -there will be some bottlenecking, but you asked for the best GPU -without it being cost-prohibitive, or so I assumed.

You can always install your graphics card in another (newer) PC.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

can you tell me which the best GPU to work with the CPU I7 3770K without bottlenecks

HP Recommended

@Mohamed134,

I would go with the RTX 4060.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you so much 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.