Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavillion 500/ 2B17 mobo

so i have an HP pavillion 500 with the 2B17 motherboard and i was wondering if it was a standard micro ATX size or if it uses some kind of proprietary mounts to attach it to the case. i want to put it in a new case but i don't want to take it out yet for fear of not being able to get it back in. thanks for any advice offered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@incompetentbrit wrote:

sorry, the model number is 500-436na

No worries.  🙂

Your PC has the OrchidS motherboard. It is micro ATX and will fit in a DIY PC case.

There are 7 phiips screws holding it in the HP case. The only hassle you will find is the I\O plate won't be removeable to install in the new case. so part of the rear of the case, a small part, will always be open.

Your PC's specifications

orchidS.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Which HP Pavilion 500?  That is a large series of desktop PCs.

All of the Pavilion 500-xxx desktop PCs that I am aware of have micro ATX motherboards, but I can't verify that with yours until you properly identify it.

Please take al ook on the rear for a service tag or in the BIOS for system information.

See the following example. Click on the motherboard section.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03933829

HP gives names to the motherboards that are used in all consumer desktop PCs.  2B17 motherboard  is not a viable identifier. Even Google has no clue as to what it is.

Open the case up and look at the motherboard. All you should see are philips screws holding it into the case.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@incompetentbrit wrote:

No worries.  🙂

Your PC has the OrchidS motherboard. It is micro ATX and will fit in a DIY PC case.

There are 7 phiips screws holding it in the HP case. The only hassle you will find is the I\O plate won't be removeable to install in the new case. so part of the rear of the case, a small part, will always be open.

Your PC's specifications

orchidS.png

HP Recommended

thank you so much, i will now be grafting my parts into my new case. shame about the i/o shield though.

HP Recommended

just a note for anyone with a similar computer who wants to upgrade their case the I/O shield is in fact removeable

HP Recommended

@incompetentbrit wrote:

just a note for anyone with a similar computer who wants to upgrade their case the I/O shield is in fact removeable

Thanks for that. It is information about the Pavilion 500-xxx and 750-xxx series that I did not have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.