Failed Memory Test (3517 Views)
Honor Student
kjsneed
Message 1 of 2 (3,517 Views)

Failed Memory Test

I have been having several issues with my computer crashing (blue screen memory crash dump, not loading after post). I ran the diagnostics test and everything passed except for memory. Just about every memory test failed. Does this indicate all memory is bad or is there a method to determine which ram is bad. I have 4 sticks, (512,512,1024,1024) in my system. HP Pavillion Desktop A6333W.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (3,491 Views)

Re: Failed Memory Test

Hi,

Remove all but one of the sticks of ram and run the memory test again - if it fails straight away, put that stick to one side and start again with one of the others, re-run the test, if it passes, add another stick, re-run the test until you have done this for all 3 remaining sticks - if everything still passes, you will know the first stick is the faulty one.

If the first stick passes, add another stick back in and re-run the test.  Keep adding 1 more stick and re-running the test until it shows a failure - you can then be reasonably certain that the last stick you added is the bad one.

You may find the videos on the link below helpful.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01874598&tmp_task=useCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=u...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation