HP vga Webcam EW193AA - No picture (8835 Views)
Student
ghilljr
Message 1 of 4 (8,835 Views)

HP vga Webcam EW193AA - No picture

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, OS Windows XP home edition. I purchased and installed an HP VGA Webcam EW193AA. It will not display video. It has worked sporadically. I have updated the drivers from HP. I have updated Skype to the most up to date version. I have plugged the camera into different usb slots. No luck. In trying to diagnose the problem a wizard said that a file "co inist.dll' couldn't load. Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions? Thanks.
Gene Hill
Honor Student
EssieAnn
Message 2 of 4 (8,611 Views)

Re: HP vga Webcam EW193AA - No picture

Recently purchased HP VGA web Camera and downloaded Skype.  I also have sporardic results.  I have an HP slimline desktop with windows xp.

Problem seems to occur when Camera light stays lit.  When this happens no video.  Downloaded drivers and still have problem.  Any help is appreciated!

Student
Morton
Message 3 of 4 (8,059 Views)

Camera operates about five times with boot up.

After that camera light remains on and web camdoes not function.

Error message indicates camers is being used by another function.

Cannot find the function the error message refers to.

Deleting installation and reinstalling allows camera to function for another five boot ups.

Morton

Honor Student
EssieAnn
Message 4 of 4 (8,043 Views)

Friend advised to go to Contol, System, Device Manager, and open 'imaging device',  remove device (mine shows as 'VGA USB Camera).  System then reinstalls and it is now working.  Still had a few problems and repeated this and it works.

Went to HP Support and they told me to uninstal all usb ports...pretty terrifying!  Lost all usb devices, including mouse!  Prayed and rebooted and got devices working again!  Don't want to do that again.

I also was told that I could have another system (?) using divice!!!!  Never could determine what system, but so far friend's advice woks.

EssieAnn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation