Question

Honor Student
markh7
Message 1 of 3 (4,098 Views)

Question mark key doesn't work!!!!!!

I have an HP Pavilion s3700y and have the most bizarre problem.  The question mark key won't work, regardless of what sort of keyboard i use.  Right now i'm using the wired keyboard that came with the system, HP kb-0630.  however i've also used  microsoft and logitech wireless keyboards with the same result.  everything else works fine but when i press the shift key and then the question mark key, nothing happens.  the forward slash underneath works fine but the question mark key is dead. 

i'm running out of ways to write only declarative sentences and fear i will need to ask a question sooner or later.  know what i mean (ahhhhh!!!!!)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 3 (4,052 Views)

Re: Question mark key doesn't work!!!!!!

Hi,

This might help if it is a software problem:

How to use the United States-International keyboard layout in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, and in Wi...

How to change your keyboard layout

Also check if the Question mark works in the On-Screen Keyboard

Windows Vista/Windows 7:smileysurprised:pen On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking On-Screen Keyboard.

Windows XP: Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, Clicking Accessibility and then On-Screen keyboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Student
laptopwontwork
Message 3 of 3 (847 Views)

Re: Question mark key doesn't work!!!!!!

This is what happens when I try to type a question mark on my HP laptop>   _

let me show you again    _

here is a colon typed on my hp laptop   >

here is an apostrophe on my hp laptop    \

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation