Question

Student
pdpatel
Message 1 of 4 (10,000 Views)

Wireless keeps Disconnecting

I have the Pavilion e9280t desktop with Windows 7.

Ever since I bought it I have had problems with the wireless intermittently disconnecting from my router.  The wireless card built in the desktop is: Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n Dualband Wireless Network.   My other devices (eg. laptop) do not have any problems disconnecting from my router.

It happens every 20 minutes or so...I just troubleshoot my connection and it resolves for a while then disconnects again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 4 (9,987 Views)

Re: Wireless keeps Disconnecting

Did you try the latest driver from Windows Update?

windowsupdate.microsoft.com  (check for updates, opt in on all recommended and optional driver updates available)

Student
FredNowak
Message 3 of 4 (9,953 Views)

Re: Wireless keeps Disconnecting

I have the same machine and the same problem. What I don't know is whether this a problem with the Atheros card or a problem between the Atheros card and my router which is a Belkin N. My other computers work fine with the Belkin but I would buy a new router if I could be fairly sure that would fix the problem on this machine. What router are you using?

Tutor
ztom6
Message 4 of 4 (9,374 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation