Question

Honor Student
Pespus
Message 1 of 3 (424 Views)

cannot log on to my Windows xp. mouse and keyboard do not work .

. Product name HP Pavillion A350N ,Running Windows XP home Edition SP3 .  I used a program to update the outdated drivers on my PC and something went amiss. I did a restore point ahead of trying this program but I cannot get to the point where I can restore my system, Because the PC booths up properly but when it gets to the point where I need to sign in with my password  to start all the buttons on the keyboard stop working ,and even the mouse does not respond.

Any ideas how to get around this.????? I tried boothing up in safe mode several ways but notting works.

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 2 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: cannot log on to my Windows xp. mouse and keyboard do not work .

Pespus,

Not sure what program you downloaded and ran. As your sysem is an older PS2 mouse and keyboard, help might be a work-around.

Resetting the CMOS:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00041640&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

BIOS settings via F1. Can you diable the password from the BIOS?

How to create a PC-Doctor floppy or CD. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00471587&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=371643

To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Honor Student
Pespus
Message 3 of 3 (408 Views)

Re: cannot log on to my Windows xp. mouse and keyboard do not work .

I used SLIM DRIVER program to update my drivers. Used Bios and diabled my password to get into windows. But I noticed that everytime I am booting up my PC it is doing a boot defrag. Meanwhle I am getting this note this note: CANNOT OPEN THE KEYBOARD\DEVICE\KEYBOARDCLASS1:smileysad:0000034!

When it finishes the defrag it continues booting up to where it  HAS THE WINDOWS LOGO AND SAYS,  TO BEGIN CLICK YOUR USER NAME

Here lays the problem because the mouse and keyboard do not work so I cannot click on my name to continue. I tried using a USB corded mouse but nothing again.

Appreciate any help you can give

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation