error 1005 (16287 Views)
Honor Student
sagar281985
Message 11 of 24 (3,645 Views)

Re: error 1005

Hi Guys U can Try Ths Tell me if tht helps or Nt   

Preparing the hard drive for recovery using the recovery discs (Manufacturer Menu)     

1.     Insert recovery disc 1 into the Drive and restart.  

2.     When the PC restarts, it reads from the Recovery CD/DVD, and displays a screen of options (typically R, F, and Q.)  

3.     Press and hold the ctrl   key, and press the Backspace   key. The Manufacturer Menu is displayed.

The Options( ) displayed might differ from the ones shown below.  

4.     Select option 4, "Clear the partition table."     

The following message appears:
No Operating System Installed or Partition Corrupted Press "R" to perform a full system recovery.   

Do not press R.   Instead, press and hold down ctrl   , then press Backspace   to bring up the Tools Menu.

6.     Select option 5, "Erase the Master Boot Record of drive."     

No Operating System Installed or Partition Corrupted press "R" to perform a full system recovery.     

NOTE:    If there are no partitions, the following message appears: No MBR or master boot record found. Continue using these steps   .

7.     Do not press R.   Instead press and hold down ctrl   , then press Backspace   to bring up the Tools Menu.

8.     Select option 6, "wipe all sectors of drive."     

An Erasing Hard Drive progress bar will appear. This process may take longer than one hour to complete, depending on the size of the hard drive. When the hard drive is completely erased, the following message is displayed:

No Operating System Installed or Partition Corrupted Press "R" to perform a full system recovery.   

Now Press R   to begin the automatic System Recovery process.  

Honor Student
sagar281985
Message 12 of 24 (3,642 Views)

Preparing the hard drive for recovery using the recovery discs (Manufacturer Menu)     

2.     When the PC restarts, it reads from the Recovery CD/DVD, and displays a screen of options (typically R, F, and Q.)  

3.     Press and hold the ctrl   key, and press the Backspace   key. The Manufacturer Menu is displayed.

Do not press R.   Instead, press and hold down ctrl   , then press Backspace   to bring up the Tools Menu.

No Operating System Installed or Partition Corrupted press "R" to perform a full system recovery.     

7.     Do not press R.   Instead press and hold down ctrl   , then press Backspace   to bring up the Tools Menu.

An Erasing Hard Drive progress bar will appear. This process may take longer than one hour to complete, depending on the size of the hard drive. When the hard drive is completely erased, the following message is displayed:

Student
yosef134
Message 13 of 24 (3,214 Views)

I have been working on the problem, and finally got past the error message 1005. I went into my bios and set an external usb CD drive as first in priority.(hit f5 to enter bios at startup). I am using a Nexxtech external drive.

Went all the way through reinstalling Windows Vista from the recovery discs. 

Honor Student
macorix
Message 14 of 24 (2,881 Views)

hi i need help with this error 1002
PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 15 of 24 (2,444 Views)

Hi there,

For the error 1002, maybe its because you have an external HDD connected when you were doing the recovery, so please try to remove any external device, this in case you still have this problem.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 16 of 24 (2,233 Views)

Hello there,

Can you please let us know if you still have this problem?

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Honor Student
RhennieMonique
Message 17 of 24 (2,004 Views)

Hello, I have started to do a system recovery to put my laptop back to factory settings. It is an HP G60 running windows Vista.

I did the recovery the hard disk. and it went though it's things. said to click finish. did that and then I get a black screen saying

Windows Failed to start. recent hardwar or software might be the cause. To fix the problem.

1 insert you windows installation disc and restart your computer

2 choose you language setting and then click next

3 c;ocl re[aor upir computer.

If you do not hav e this disc. contack your system administrator or computer mafu. for assistance.

Info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

then I entered the recovery again with F11 and try from disk.

then I get error 1005.

I do not get  these options ( R, F and Q)  2.     When the PC restarts, it reads from the Recovery CD/DVD, and displays a screen of options (typically R, F, and Q.)

what now please

Monique

"

Honor Student
RhennieMonique
Message 18 of 24 (1,972 Views)

I Still have this proble,, I have an HP G60 laptop, still waiting on the purchased disk from HP.

RhennieMonique

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 19 of 24 (1,856 Views)

Hello,

Have you received the Recovery Kit from HP?

Do you still have the same problem as before?

Thanks,

Honor Student
RhennieMonique
Message 20 of 24 (1,851 Views)

I did receive the recovery disk, and It worked like a charm, system is up and running now.

thank you

Monique

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation