Question

Tutor
frankshukis
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

hp 932c printer drivers

my printer driver had two side printing in windows xp, with this new computer with windows 7 it will not. how can I enable this?

PhD Student
GeorgeFN
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: hp 932c printer drivers

Here is a link to an HP article about Windows 7 dirvers:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-topics/windows-7-drivers/win7-driver-find.html

Below is a quote from that article:

"If you purchased your HP printer after the release of the Windows 7 operating system, it will be supported with a full-feature driver."

I believe your printer is old and has a driver in Windows 7,  just not a "full-feature" driver.  One of those features missing is probably the two sided printing.

By the way, I have a 990c and I am running it with the Windows 7 driver and I, too, am missing some features.  I feel fortunate that I have printed almost 29,000 sheets through it.  It's been a great printer. 

By the way again, if you hold down the power button and press the page button (next to the power button) four times, and then release the power button, you should get a test page that has some interesting information on it, such as the Total Engine Page Count.  That's where I see that my total is almost 29,000.

GeorgeFN

Note, After wrting this post and before sending it I did a little test.  I am using the Windows 7 driver and printed a Word document.  After clicking print, in the printer dialog box I click properties and found in the layout tab a "Print on Both Sides" with a drop down menu.  I tried selecting Flip on Long Edge, and it did not print two sided.  I do NOT have my duplexer attached to the printer, so I don't know if it would work with the duplexer. 

Do you have a duplexer?  Not sure what models came with those  back then, but thought you might, so I decided to do the little test.

This was probably a lot of answer, and probably didn't get you what you wanted to hear.

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation