Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pegatron 2ad5
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am looking for the manual for Pegatron 2ad5 motherboard.  Specifically the bois screen shows ram channel A as slot 1 and 2, which is a blue and black connector.  channel B shows as slot 3 and 4 which is the other blue and black connector.  i have an 8gb in 1 and 3 and a 4gb in 2 and 4 and cpu-z shows it is running in dual mode despite bios showing channel A as a 4 and an 8 and channel B also showing a 4 and an 8.  i would like to verify with the manual that the blue connectors are one channel and the black are the other channel, despite the bios screen showing the opposite.  if bios is wrong, can anybody tell me why?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Stumpxx, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

HP ENVY  PHOENIX H9-1335 with Pegatron 2AD5 motherboard, windows 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi,

Starting at the processor, the slots are numbered XMM1, XMM2, XMM3 and XMM4. See the below image.

Formosa motherboard dimm slot numbering.jpg

You can verify the dimm discovery (population) by looking in the BIOS under System information.  This will tell you which slots are populated and discovered.

I don't see an issue with your PC. The older HP PCs were picky on how the dimms were populated but the new PCs are more forgiving.

The channels are correctly associated with each slot (bank).

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

So back to my original question, why is the bios showing xmm1 and xmm2 as channel A when the connectors are clearly color coded showing xmm1 and xmm3 as one channel and xmm2 and xmm4 as the other channel?  When i bought the computer from HP in 2013, the installed ram had slots filled as follows (xmm1-4) 0 4 2 4, which seems to be following the color coding.  Also, is there a place online that i can get the motherboard manual?  So far i have only been able to find the one page spec sheet. 

20150126_205358.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Color coding doesn't really matter with the newer motherboards.  The older motherboard were a bit more picky.  They could be all black or all blue or all white. If you were using only two dimms then you would want to get them into the correct slots so that you would utilize both channels.  Most would probably not even notice the performance difference with single channel operation unless the applications were memory intensive.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

What about a user guide or manual for this motherboard?  Best I can tell Pegatron offers no support or documentation on their website.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.