Question

Top Student
Guyver_66
Message 1 of 55 (66,361 Views)

wireless keyboard not working

Hello pc expert,

I bought my Pavilion s3580d about 6 months ago which include wireless mouse & keyboard. Recently my wireless keyboard was not responding but the wireless mouse is working great. I tried plugged in the wired keyboard and still the same - not resonding. Need advice. Thanks a million to all.

Student
imshockedtoo
Message 2 of 55 (66,351 Views)

Re: wireless keyboard not working

Having the same problem with m9152p & wireless keyboard. Sometimes missed strokes,, repeats or have to tap keys 20 times without response.

Have changed batteries every 2-5 days. have reinstalled softwwaare and complete restore.

I use this for my home business, and I am ready to toss out the widow,

I am seeing many with this problem. HP needs to address this issue!

Honor Student
Griz
Message 3 of 55 (66,272 Views)

i am having the same problem  i even bought a logitech replacement and the problem presists. Just like you the mouse is fine. I am using the on screen keyboard to key and it is getting old fast  I have an HP-m9177c which I have had for a year.

Hope HP has an answer

Griz

Honor Student
Griz
Message 4 of 55 (66,271 Views)

My son just went into the control panel.  Slected device manager -> Keyboard ->Driver -> Update Driver and now it works.  Perhaps a recent update  brole the old driver.

Tutor
Mike3220
Message 5 of 55 (62,316 Views)

This is the second time this problem has come back.  Last time I did a complete system reinstall (there were other issues as well.)   System is a HP9152 runing Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium.  Keyboard & mouse are of the HP wireless type (run off a USB dongle hanging off the back of the PC.)  

I can type for a period of time, then for no reason I can attribute to the lock up, the keyboard will stop working - I can't input any  more text.  However the mouse, which is running throught the same wireless USB dongle always seems to work. 

I can get the keyboard to start working by opening the battery compartment and briefly (I don't even have to remove a battery, just separate the connection between the two AAA cells then let them reconnect) interupting the battery power.

Still, it's annoying.  What can be done to fix the problem? 

Student
ndavis
Message 6 of 55 (62,252 Views)

I am having exact same issue with my HP p4160f purchased Aug 2009.  I use the same usb dongle for my mouse and keyboard.  Mouse works great but this week the keyboard stopped working. Tried different wireless keyboard known to be working on my other computer and same issue.  I can type about 40 charactors and then the keyboard stops working. After about 5 minutes I can type a few charactors again and then freezes up again. Same thing even after rebooting and updating driver. Running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.  This seems like it must be a motherboard driver issue or perhaps more likely some update as my keyboard has been working 7 months with no issue until this week. I tried restoring my pc to 1 month ago. Still didn't resolve the issue.  Any HP support staff reviewing this forum to provide some solution?

Student
darkfireburning
Message 7 of 55 (62,106 Views)

Same issue as the previous users.

I have a  Touchsmart  IQ546t.

Even with a touchscreen the on screen keyboard is getting old fast.

Student
taivaansusi
Message 8 of 55 (61,944 Views)

Same problem here. I have HP Pavilion m9151, bought about year ago. This month the wireless keyboard started to jam, then failed to respond entirely. Tried to reinstall drivers, checked batteries, alas, with no avail. Mouse works fine.

It seems that the HP wireless keyboard is not worth a penny. Is it just defective, or is there a software glitch?

Student
bay_city_boy
Message 9 of 55 (61,242 Views)

My wireless HP keyboard has recently started freezing up a few times a day.  Quite by accident I discovered that removing and reinserting the batteries (the SAME ones) solves the problem.  While searching Troubleshooting threads I found that other makes of wireless keyboards respond to the battery-out-and-in therapy.  It seems to be a panacea for wireless keyboards. 

Top Student
hphayta
Message 10 of 55 (61,109 Views)

HI, I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE..

AFTER A USELESS PHONECALL TO INDIA. I WAS TOLD TO GO BUY A NEW KEYBOARD, WHICH IS REDICULOUS, SO MY HUSBAND CALLED AND SQUEAKED OUT SOME INFO.  THEY WANTED US TO PAY FOR TECHNICAL PHONE SUPPORT.....REALLY?  SO PLEASE TRY THIS.... WHATEVER ORIGINA LBATTERIES CAME WITH THE KEYBOARD ARE THE ONES YOU SOULD USE... WE HAD ENERGIZER, AND IM CURRENTLY TYPING ON THE KEYBOARD NOW. 

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERYONE!! THEY ARE NO HELP AND SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM.  BEST OF LUCK

HPHAYTA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation