Question

Top Student
hernandez713
Message 1 of 53 (55,306 Views)

HP Invent Boot Up Screen frozen, tried almost everything.

HP Pavilion a6614f Desktop PC bought december 2008, just a month shy from maf warranty.  I haven't installed software or upgraded hardware prior to failure. I won't boot up beyond the Hp Invent Blue scrreen, and the keyboard doesn't react( its not the keyboard).

I tried:

Resetting the ram.

Its not the hard drive.

Cannot boot from cd/dvd

Looked for and Cleaned dust

Cmos cleared

Removed battery

Power drain - pressed and holded on button (Hp tech proposed solution)

I searched throughtout the internet, tried many solutions but not one made a difference.

I'm afraid its the motherboard(which its costly to replace) any one got any other options/solutions. Thanks for your time.

Top Student
dictator11111
Message 2 of 53 (55,277 Views)

Re: HP Invent Boot Up Screen frozen, tried almost everything.

I have a very similar problem, with an older HP Pavilion desktop (2006) that started today.

I booted it up and got to the desktop screen without any problem. I then plugged in a USB that charges my cellphone (this phone is new, I've never charged it using a computer before) and everything froze. The phone did charge, though. I turned the computer off and rebooted it, but it gets stuck on the HP Invent blue screen every time (like hernandez, my keyboard also doesn't work so I can't select any of the options it gives me) 

I've tried draining the power, cleaned all the dust away, haven't tried actually opening the computer up yet. Any suggestions?

Student
devere1
Message 3 of 53 (55,248 Views)

Try removing the  power cord from the back of the computer for say 5 minutes and then plug back in. You may still have the same problem down the track, but do the same again.

Top Student
hernandez713
Message 4 of 53 (55,241 Views)

I did that for a day, didn't work.

Honor Student
syemca3
Message 5 of 53 (55,221 Views)

My computer was puchased about the same time as yours and I think the mother board needs replaced...it doesn't make sense $$. 

Top Student
dictator11111
Message 6 of 53 (55,077 Views)

Two weeks later, no changes. Computer still gets stuck at HP Invent Screen.

-Keyboard doesn't respond. Tried several keyboards. 

-Cleared dust.

-Reset CMOS.

-Took out and put battery back in.

-Tried booting without any peripherals.

-Power drain several times.

Any more suggestions? :s

Honor Student
rawdoc7345
Message 7 of 53 (54,976 Views)

I  bought my computer in Nov 08 and have the same problem.  It is a couple month out of warantee and HP told me it is my problem but that the hard drive is bad.  Turn your computer off and open it up.  Un plug the power supply to the hard drive and then when turning the computer back on and putting the power supply back into the hard drive press F9 and you should get a diagnostics screen that will run a test.  It may take several tries to get it to run but after is does if you touch the key board you will have to do it again  It will run a diagnostics and tell you where the problem is.  Like I said in my computer which has a Seagate hard drive the drive is bad and HP told me to stick it and it isn't there problem even though it surely has not met the excpected life of a hard drive.  This is my first HP product and with this type of customer service it will surely be my last!!!!  

Good luck!

Honor Student
fisher
Message 8 of 53 (53,202 Views)

hi i think i found  out a way to get your computer to boot up i read it off the interent my sisters computer has the same problem i dont know what her computer verson is i think it is  verson 5.29 well so you are going to plug out everything in in a usb slot in the back of the computer like  speekers, mouse, keybored , motedor and stuff like that than when that stuff is out of your computer plug it in again i should work it might not work so sorry if it does not

Top Student
hilo
Message 9 of 53 (53,081 Views)

same problem and got the pc about the same time and i tried all those two and still no work we really need help with this

Honor Student
simsima
Message 10 of 53 (51,160 Views)

Please help! this is such a common problem, and no one has a real solution when all these things don't work!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation