Question

Tutor
ddhogancamp
Message 1 of 8 (2,262 Views)
Accepted Solution

Code Purple on Pavilion a1312n after recovery

I have a Pavillion a1312n with 512gb ram the original 250gb hd, The USB ports were beaten so I got a replacment motherboard with the same HP model # as the original. I backed up the HD on my Dell & put back the HD. I ran the non-destuctive recovery. When completed it said to reboot. After rebooting, It said I have configuration errors Code Purple.

All support said I have to contact Cust Support & Pay. Is there anyone on this chat with knowledege I need to remedy this without that solution. If we have to pay for support, we will be trashing the compuer

I am knowlegeable of computers from working on them since 1989 and am not afraid to do what I need, but am not educated in elctronics.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer

Dwight HoganCamp
Troy NH

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (2,256 Views)

Re: Code Purple on Pavilion a1312n after recovery

Tutor
ddhogancamp
Message 3 of 8 (2,206 Views)

Thak you for the link.  I read it through  put the SATA HD in my Dell Desktop & Deleted the problem

Thank you very much

Dwight

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 8 (2,201 Views)

You are welcome.  :smileyhappy:

Top Student
Melrick
Message 5 of 8 (2,180 Views)

Hp Recovery discs will only work with factory configuration. As you have replaced motherboard on this system & you installed recovery discs so you received a message code purple error.

Solution:

Reinstall operating system using a retail copy of windows. And your desktop will be up & Running.

Please do not use recovery discs on this system. It would not work as the system configuration of your system is changed by replacing motherboard.

Tutor
ddhogancamp
Message 6 of 8 (2,165 Views)

I acatually recovered it from the HP hard drive partitiion on the hard drive. After deleting the check folder on the sata drive, it reloaded with no problems inlcuding updates from MS & HP. The  only hassle I am having with it is the audio function of the motherboard isn't working.I returned it to the vendor and got it from.

Top Student
Melrick
Message 7 of 8 (2,145 Views)

If your motherboard has realtek audio card then download drivers from realtek website and reinstall the audio drivers and that should fix it  . 

Realtek Website :    http://www.realtek.com.tw/ 

If its an intel audio card then drivers for intel will be available on this website:

Intel Website :   http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

REPLY BACK.

Top Student
boca
Message 8 of 8 (1,689 Views)

I also have that problem on an HP Pavillion a6712f.  But after getting that message I cannot get the computer to open where I can get onl;ine to download the drivers.

I also have the problem with the original motherboard that when I turn it on it stays on for about 4 seconds and then cuts off.  then goes on and off about every 4 seconds. It does not stop so I have to disconnect the power cord.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation