Question

Top Student
Duck_HP
Message 1 of 9 (7,805 Views)
Accepted Solution

DC7600 small form Ethernet driver

I installed Windows XP Pro on a DC7600. Everthing works except the Internet connection. I went to the download site at HP for this model and downloaded 2 Intel network drivers. I still cannot connect to the Internet. Can somebody tell me where I can download the drivers for this model?  Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 9 (7,782 Views)

Re: DC7600 small form Ethernet driver

Top Student
Duck_HP
Message 3 of 9 (7,775 Views)

PAUL:

Thanks for the response. I've got a weird problem. I contacted HP support and a technician told me to check the Device Manager, which I forgot to do in the first place. It shows Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet in green print. There is no yellow print, nor is there a question mark. So, I assumed that it was recognized by the computer. I downloaded the Broadcom driver sp42470 you suggested and the control panel showed it was installed okay. But, the computer still won't connect to the Internet. I'm still waiting to hear from the HP technician. Anybody have any ideas?

GARRY

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 9 (7,772 Views)

Hi, Garry:

Did you update XP to the latest service pack (SP3)?  If not, you should. Just to rule that out as being a cause of no internet connection.

Paul

Top Student
Duck_HP
Message 5 of 9 (7,769 Views)

PAUL:

I've got a strange deal here. Twice I uninstalled the Broadcom Ethernet and installed it again. Several times I removed the Broadcom drivers and installed them. The Device Manager shows the Broadcom is okay and the program list shows that the drivers were added. The cable connection lights up when I plug it in. I downloaded SP3 on another computer and installed it on this one. Yet, I still can't get connected to the Internet. I can't figure this out. The computer shows the hardware and software to be okay and the cable connection is okay; but, no Internet connection.

GARRY

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 9 (7,767 Views)

Hi, Garry:

At this point, I would recommend you order a set of quick restore disks for your PC. Cost is $10.00

All drivers are loaded with these disks and the PC is like the day it was shipped from the factory.

If it doesn't work then, the network card has some kind of hardware failure.

Here's how to order:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on top of the computer on the silver tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq dc7600, but the part number will be found on that silver tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (dc7600).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail, or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

Paul

Top Student
Duck_HP
Message 7 of 9 (7,765 Views)

PAUL:

Thanks for the ordering info. I know a guy who charges a reasonable rate for computer work. I might just let him look at the computer.

GARRY

Top Student
Duck_HP
Message 8 of 9 (7,751 Views)

Thanks for suggesting SP3. I've now got SP3  installed on my computer. Also, I had to disconnect the cables from the modem and reconnect them. I can now connect to the Internet.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 9 of 9 (7,746 Views)

Hi, Garry:

You're very welcome.

Glad to read you got it working.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation