Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to go into the BIOS and disable the PS/2 Ports for the mouse and keyboard. I use the USB connection for these devices and the Device Manager is showing exclamation marks under See Hidden Devices. I tried Uninstalling, and Removing but they keep coming back; therefore, I need to go into the BIOS and disable the Two Ports; that being the PS/2 Mouse Port, and the PS/2 Keyboard Port ?

BIOS is 786G7 Version 1.13

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Device Manager will just show an (!) when PS2 is not connected but should not hurt function of the machine.  No need to play with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Device Manager will just show an (!) when PS2 is not connected but should not hurt function of the machine.  No need to play with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

I kept choosing them to at least become disabled, and after several tries and restarts the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard finally stayed disabled; the unistall never was achieved.

I wanted this because Norton 360 was giving a Diagnostic Report that the issue needed to be resolved, and after the successful disable of the two PS/2 devices I am now getting all green check marks in Norton 360; however, it did take several times of disable and restart for some reason, but the good news is that they are now both disabled and all green checks in Norton 360 Diagnostic Report.

HP Recommended

Good to hear everything is settled.  That's one of the problems with norton, it nags about non issues. :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.