Question

Student
foos-meels
Message 1 of 7 (13,267 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Compaq d220 Microtower Desktop PC Ethernet Controller Not Working?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just reinstalled my HP Compaq d220 Microtower Desktop PC with Windows Xp Proffessional and I downloaded the Chipset into the system first and then the audio driver then the networking driver from here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

I went into the Device Manager but my ethernet controller was still in other? My internet did no work and I cannot even access my router? I do not even no what to do. I wasted my whole sunday looking for answers. Can someone help me here?

Message Edited by foos-meels on 11-22-2009 11:23 PM
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 7 (13,241 Views)

Re: HP Compaq d220 Microtower Desktop PC Ethernet Controller Not Working?

Can you post the PNPID for the ethernet device?

Go go Device Manager, Network Adapter, right mouse click on the device Properties, Details tab, fromt he drop down menu, select Hardware Id and then enter the first line

PCI\VEN_XXXX&DEV_XXXX&SUBSYS_XXXXXXXX

Top Student
screemname
Message 3 of 7 (13,210 Views)

Hi.

Today I had this same problem with a d220 MT (in fact, I found this entry when looking for a solution :smileyvery-happy: ), and the fix was so simple it was embarassing. The driver download sp25326.exe just installs the setup program. After you run it, you have to go to c:\swsetup\sp25326 and run setup.exe. After this, your adapter should be working; at least it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Top Student
pdub4ever
Message 4 of 7 (9,955 Views)

Man thats funny how easy that was, thx

Top Student
pdub4ever
Message 5 of 7 (9,954 Views)

Thx, straight forward an easy
Top Student
pdub4ever
Message 6 of 7 (9,642 Views)

OMG :smileyvery-happy:, I have been looking for this fix for 2 days, I DL the driver day 1 and cant believe it was there all the time.  Thx Big Tyme

Student
R2D2PATO
Message 7 of 7 (4,637 Views)

Best Regards.

I spent 1 day and I coudn't solve it , I apprecite the solution it was so easy, tanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation