Question

Honor Student
Lolly0722
Message 1 of 5 (2,385 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Quick Start

I have Windows 8 on my computer, H9-1330 desktop, and have the HP Quick Start loaded. I uninstalled a software product, but the HP Quick Start still lists it.  When you click on the listing for the software it does nothing.  I verified that the software product was no longer on the computer. How do I get the HP Quick Start to stop listing it?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 2 of 5 (2,371 Views)

Re: HP Quick Start

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quick Start? I just installed it and I can't see a way to manually remove programs from the list. But reinstalling it should work to clear up the list. Here's a link to the download page.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Dean
Vidya
Message 3 of 5 (2,367 Views)

Two possiblities i could think of the cause of this issue:
1. The software uninstaller didn't remove the shortcut
2. HP Qucik Start failed to refresh the list. (in this case restart Qucik Start should give u the latest list)

First just restart the system. If the issue persists, understand how HP Quick Start works:
HP Quick Start gets all the shortcuts from two locations
   1. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
   2. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\
If the unintalled software shortcut is still in one of the two locations, it'll show up on HP Quick Start
HP Quick Start's job is to show whatever are in those two locations. It doesn't remove/delete/modify any shortcut in those locations.
It the software uninstaller doesn't remove it's shortcut from those location, it'll be showed in HP Quick Start. HP Quick Start would be monitoring those locations, if something' gets removed or added it'll refresh itself.

Please check in those two paths and remove the software shortcut file that you have uninstalled.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Lolly0722
Message 4 of 5 (2,357 Views)

That was the problem, it was still listed in those 2 locations. I just deleted them and now the HP Quick Start no longer lists it.  THANK YOU!!

Student
lamadrida
Message 5 of 5 (2,177 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  This worked great and put an end to a bit of frustration.  It should be mentioned that it is necessary to view the hidden files in explorer to find the files referenced above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation