Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot install HP Support assistant in window 8.  Keeps teeling me cant install becuse i cannot downloas .Net 3.5 when i have .Net 4 installed . WHY?

HP Recommended

I'm happy for you that you found a solution.  But I tried the same on my computer and was informed by MS that the update was already installed.  Anyone else with a solution?

HP Recommended

This is what I found out recently. When I tried to install the SA in Windows 8.1 it warned me that I couldn't install because some files were still on the system. Turns out they were in the install directory at C:\SWSetup. The HP software unpacks its payload in that directory in a subdirectory based on the file name.

For instance, I recently downloaded the SA installer as sp68201.exe. When it runs it wants to unpack in c:\SWSetup\sp68201 which the uninstall process does not touch during uninstall. I found that by deleting that directory first the install worked fine.

Final note on the HP SA--I could not run the application without running it as administrator. This is the case even though I am logged in as an administrator.

HP Recommended

Dear Pranav,

could please share the download link ?

thanks

HP Recommended

hp s a.png

HP Recommended

i have tried to unistall it ,no luck .i even had an hp tech take control all he did was give up start a restore and left it in my hands ,hp support assistant is very important to me  i have even tried to just install a fresh copy ,or an update no luck ,always error 1316 allready exists is what it says.sincerely dhutch1

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue have been trying for months to install and keep getting error 1316 account already exsists even have entirely restored 2 times now still same error any help here would be greatly appreciated

HP Recommended

I responded to this before but all my Support Assistant problems went away by running it as Administrator.

HP Recommended

i tried that but then it will popup all these black boxes like its programming something into the pc then after like 5 to 10 min waiting for it to install i run the first checkup then it runs for about 10 sec the a error pops up saying it has encountered a problem hit ok to restart but never restarts hp really needs to make a new program or something because it either this or i get error 1316 or error 1610 while trying to install always these same 3 errors andd after searching around the internet looking for help im seeing in other forums where many people are having these exact same 3 errors with this program

HP Recommended

I reinstall windows 8.1 today just because HPSA not working ''Hp Support Assistant Stopped Working" 😞

I  tried all solutions replied in this question but failed to solve my problem... I have Probook 450 G1 and running windows 8.1 64Bit...Please solve this issue ASAP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.