Question

Honor Student
Jetsis
Message 1 of 10 (115,515 Views)

How to uninstall Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Manager

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. During the process I got the following message:

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)

• ATI CATALYST Install Manager *  
  • ATI Catalyst Control Center *

My problem is when I click Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features, ATI CATALYST Install Manager there is only a choose option and no option for uninstall. For ATI Catalyst Control Centre I can't even see it. I use the programs menu and open the folder of ATI Catalyst Control Centre, there is also no uninstall option. (Start, Programs, Catalyst Control Centre).

I called HP because I bought the computer only 4 months ago. They said they could unintall the program for me by changing "MSconfig" but I needed to pay them because that's software problem.

Could anyone help?

Thank you!

Jet

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 2 of 10 (115,507 Views)

Re: How to uninstall Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Manager

Please see if the steps in this link help you, they talk about how to uninstall

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/569/ati_catalyst_installation_guide/index2.html

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Dean
Vidya
Message 3 of 10 (115,494 Views)

The ATI Catalyst software can be uninstalled from the system using Programs and Features in Control Panel. Once you have the Programs and Features window open, select the ATI application you would like to uninstall and click Uninstall button.

If you are getting errors while uninstallation, you can try revo uninstaller software to uninstall these programs completely:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revosetup.exe

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 4 of 10 (115,493 Views)

Windows Upgrade Advisor detects both being installed

• ATI CATALYST Install Manager *  
  • ATI Catalyst Control Center *
  •  

If you only see 1 of them in Programs and Features, you only need to uninstall that one. Think of it as being the parent one. Uninstalling it will uninstall the child application as well.

Student
    11dimension
    Message 5 of 10 (108,700 Views)

Here, two years later, if anyone is reading this thread ... this is the way to uninstall all your ATI Catalyst software in Windows 7: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx.

It's hardly intuitive ... in short, if all you see is the ATI Install Manager, right-click it in Programs.  Choose Change.  You'll see an option to uninstall all ATI Catalyst software.

Of course!

Honor Student
    HarrasedUser
    Message 6 of 10 (100,114 Views)

11dimension wrote:

Here, two years later, if anyone is reading this thread ... this is the way to uninstall all your ATI Catalyst software in Windows 7: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx.

It's hardly intuitive ... in short, if all you see is the ATI Install Manager, right-click it in Programs.  Choose Change.  You'll see an option to uninstall all ATI Catalyst software.

Of course!

Yeah, I just found this thread because I can't uninstall them - and no, they aren't in the install list, or i could presumably uninstall it.

Oh well.

Student
    technotodd
    Message 7 of 10 (64,187 Views)

I have run into the same issue regarding the UNINSTALLATION of ATI CATALYST, I have worked IT for over a decade and it's not just me, there actually is no option to uninstall it in control panel, start menu, an executable in the ATI program file directory, etc, etc...
    HOWEVER, If you wish to uninstall it you have come to the right place for that information, I made this account on HP solely to get the uninstall information to people having this issue.  So without anymore delay here's what you do...  find out what ATI video card you have and goto the ATI homepage/support/drivers and download the driver install package for your ATI videocard run the installer and one of the first options it gives you is to "INSTALL or UNINSTALL"  so there you have it! 
    P.S.  Just as a point of reference the executable name for my particular driver install package was "10-11_xp32_dd_ccc_enu.exe"
     Good luck and happy uninstallation and may I mention that the engineers at ATI who didn't include an uninstall option in the control panel or start menu & made it this akward to uninstall your video card software are a bunch of ignoramuses!

Student
    humptydumpty77
    Message 8 of 10 (35,748 Views)

ATi (AMD) have acknowledge this is a problem and have created an un-install utility.

Just download from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

and its gone!

Student
    scotken
    Message 9 of 10 (18,870 Views)

Do all these remedies apply to windows 8.1. I have just recently bought this laptop and once windows had installed windows 8.1 from 8 the following keeps happening

" Catalyst Control Center - Host application has stopped working"

Silver surfer need help it is becoming a real nuisance.

HP Support Agent
    BHK6
    Message 10 of 10 (17,601 Views)

Hi scotken,

Welcome to the HP Community! I will be happy to help you with that error message. What is your product number and I will see if I can find you a driver that will help with this issue.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation