Question

Student
bjcastle
Message 1 of 2 (13,751 Views)

Intel RST Service (Rapid Storage Technology)

[ Edited ]

My HP Pavilion Elite HPR PC shows an icon in the lower right corner of the task bar the Intel Rapid Start Technology that has a yellow triangular shaped symbol with an exclamation mark in it over the RST icon and when I click on it there appears a pop up box with the message that the RST is trying to connect to the service.  It has been on and in green condition before but it has been in the yellow state for some time now.  When I check further the help is useless to try to further diagnose the problem.  Does anyone know what the Intel RST service is, what it does and, most of all, how do i get it started again? I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (13,744 Views)

Re: Intel RST Service (Rapid Storage Technology)

BJ, here is Intel's explanation of RST.  The explanation is in the middle of the page.  Also, here is a good thread on RST.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!