Question

Student
hireshi
Message 1 of 3 (787 Views)

My icons are WAY TO BIG!!

Hello everyone, I own a Windows Vista - Compaq computer.

My taskbar and icons /shortcuts, start icons, etc and internet, its all WAY TO LARGE. 

is it a way to resize them? Shrink them in size? I once turned off my computer and when I turned it back on they were gigantic, literally.

Taskbar can only show one window now because of its size.. as well as the icons on my desktop are huge..

can i shrink them in some way? even the internet web page is big :smileysad:

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (781 Views)

Re: My icons are WAY TO BIG!!

Here is a link that should help you with your problem:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/09/how-to-resize-and-change-vista-desktop-icons-size/

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (775 Views)

Re: My icons are WAY TO BIG!!

Sounds like your screen resolution has been changed. Right click an empty spot on your desktop screen, choose Personalize from the popup menu. In the window that opens look for 'Display Settings' at bottom.Open it and you will see a slider to adjust screen 'Resolution'..drag it to the right to make everything smaller.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation