Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I still get, My system is incompatible with the new windows 10 upgrade.  Get the following message "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , The display manufacturer hasn't amde your display compatible with windows. check with the manufacturer for support. I have Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit),

HP Recommended

remember just to keep in mind and note as long your pc is a desktop which is a tower but laptop can not get upgraded because its done at the factory where it is made onto the  mother board

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Thanks , I have now upgraded to Windows 10 and downloaded NVIDIA driver for 8.1 as suggested , all seems OK (so far) on my HP G5200uk desktop.

HP Recommended

Not correct... The compatibility issue is with the driver, not with the hardware built-into the motherboard.

HP Recommended
Both answers are mostly correct. With notebooks the graphics are built into the motherboard while desktops either have the graphics on the motherboard or on a graphics card that plugs into the motherboard. In both cases their may not be software drivers that are compatible with the existing graphics hardware and Win 10. In the case of the desktop you may if you have a PCI graphics slot have the option of installing a Win 10 compatible graphics card, with the notebook you can't upgrade dedicated graphics. In either case one of the existing driers may be good enough even if Win 10 says your computer graphics are not compatible. But you need to proceed with some caution because you might replace a driver and have a blank screen that makes it difficult to go back to the old driver. I found that after installing Win 10 the "incompatible" driver worked well enough for my purposes (no DirectX 11 gaming).
HP Recommended

As I do not use PC for gaming the actions taken work for my use of desktop PC.

HP Recommended

So in another word. Hp  isn't going to make it compatible to upgrade to 10. Since I have window 7 bought in 2011. I'm out of luck. I can't get window 10

HP Recommended

to tudor rose ;

not necessary but i have an older pc which worked fine with w10 and it was originally vista and the extra hard drive i have which i upgraded to w7 and then this recent w10 roll out and it works fine on my old pc and so far no problems with drivers and the graphic is good and also i have an upgraded video card from radeon

and i have just checked and there is no updates for w8.1 and w10 but so far all things are working fine even my HP 22" monitor but i have not tested the rotation yet so far it is all good and no glitches and any thing and i am satisfied  with it 🙂

btw this HP has only vista and w7 updates and i doubt there will be one on this pc and it is HP a6655f pheonix

you should be able to get w10 as long your unit is w7 and or w8.1

good luck

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Interest thread since the Microsoft compatibility site that last time that I had looked indicates that the GeForceSE nForce 430 is compatible.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I went to that page. But went I click on the window icon I still get My system is incompatible with the new windows 10 upgrade.  Get the following message "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , The display manufacturer hasn't amde your display compatible with windows. check with the manufacturer for support.

That page must be wrong

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.