Question

Student
michiganmike
Message 1 of 4 (145 Views)
Accepted Solution

Recovery Disc Necessary ? ?

I just bought an HP p7-1446s desktop PC.    I've already spent two evenings figuring out/playing with Windows 8

(but that's another story , isn't it ? )  

I assume that is a good idea to create a Recovery Disc, but have had no luck finding out how to do it?     It's been 7 years since my HP Desktop XP.

Anyone have any direction for me  ?

Thanks in Advance.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: Recovery Disc Necessary ? ?

Please see this HP document entitled "Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)". While the document is for Windows 7, it should also work for Windows 8. The key is to locate and use the HP Recovery Manager program.

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

Hi,

you can do one thing..

if you want to creat a recovery disk or image to use in future, you can do one thing..

use Acronics True Image software to make a complete Image of your Windows or drive.

its very simple and usefull.

Make an Image of your Windows Partition drive and save it in flash drive or any external hard drive for further use.

format your drive completely and install new OS which you want to use. if you want your old OS again then use Acronics True Image software and you will get all you things back in your machine agin.

Hope this helps!

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Teacher
mdklassen
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

While running Windows 8, press F1 to invoke "Help".

Search through the help information, i.e., "create system recovery" or "create system restore".

It should lead you to a "click here to run" (the utility) hyperlink.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation