Question

Top Student
n-s-2-
Message 1 of 4 (11,766 Views)
Accepted Solution

What is hprb update.exe

``Hello

An unknown publisher is asking for permission to access my hard drive.(  hprb update.exe,)  Is the message that keeps popping up on my screen.  Is this a legit - HP update or not?.`

Thank You for your time.

n-s-2-````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Intern
onezus
Message 2 of 4 (11,759 Views)

Re: What is hprb update.exe

I wouldn't let an unknown publisher have access to ANYTHING, much less my drive. If it was released by HP I believe it would download automatically without notice or even asking you, because my HP support assistant crashed call of duty on me the other night while I was in mid game. Had to wait for it to get done before even starting to play it again. As far as it being legit I wouldn't trust it, if it is in fact something your computer needs it will get it sooner or later without your consent (much like windows updates how they take place) and sometimes its better to hold off on updates "newest" update isn't always the "best" update. New updates sometimes have bugs to be fixed. Hope this helps.

Top Student
n-s-2-
Message 3 of 4 (11,755 Views)

Hello onezus,

Thank you for your advice.  It does help a lot.  I'm not going to allow anything like that to access my computer  in the future.

Sincerely

n-s-2-

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 4 (11,697 Views)

Sorry for the late response, but I believe hprb update.exe is a process used by HP printer software.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation