Question

Student
Oliversgma
Message 1 of 3 (17,585 Views)

change setting for screen saver/sleep mode

I know this is a very basic thing to change in my computer settings...I've done it before with a really old computer I had but can't figure it out again. The problem is that there is a very small amount of time until the screen saver pops up. It flips over with less than a minute of inactivity. Also I was playing an audio message that was sent to my email and as I was listening to it the computer went into a sleep mode. I can't figure out where to go to find the settings and change them to a longer period of time. Like I say, I know this is very basic...but I confess that I am really computer illiterate and can use some help...thanks to anyone that can give me that help...oliversgma

Teacher
DanielH
Message 2 of 3 (17,553 Views)

Re: change setting for screen saver/sleep mode

Hi

If you're running windows 7, do the following by right clicking on windows desktop and choose personalize, on the right hand lower portion you see a screen saver word with a icon, click on it, next you would be given the option to select the display and set the wait time

Hope the above helps :manwink:

Honor Student
GH99
Message 3 of 3 (14,638 Views)

Re: change setting for screen saver/sleep mode

Thanks, this just saved me a lot of time searching around for the right buttons to press.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation