Question

Student
Luke-O
Message 1 of 6 (7,162 Views)

hp envy 700-027c desktop, windows 8, cant get in bios

Cant get in bios with my hp envy 700-027c desktop

I created my recovery media and wanted to test it out. so i figure I would go into my bios, change the boot order to boot from the dvd.... but i could never get in bios.

I tried the f1, f10,... hell i tried all the f keys, and even the escape key, I also tried the UEFI settings and it rebooted to a blank screen, the had to hard shutdown and i got 6 beeps, restarted and it came on after a while. but never saw bios.

I did install a video card and checked it with out a video card and still got the same results.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can get to bios

I know on my toshiba laptop that has windows 8 i went through the UEFI settings and it rebooted to the bios.

just want to make sure i can restore my pc if ever needed.

system specs:http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03789882&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

Thank you,

Luke-O

Master's Graduate
ibfrenchy
Message 2 of 6 (7,127 Views)

Re: hp envy 700-027c desktop, windows 8, cant get in bios

the new video card may throw a wrench in this, but here is the basics.

Hitting esc during boot - will bring up a boot menu. If it doesn't you are not tapping it soon enough. (F10 will bring up Setup or BIOS) (F11 will launch the recovery manager from the recovery partition)

If you installed a graphics card and it was windows 8 compatible then everything should be fine. If it was win7 compatible, then you would have disabled fast boot and enabled legacy support in bios, which is really strange if that is the case because then it is even easier to get into BIOS with the esc key or F10.

I'm assuming no one responded to you sooner because you are doing the right thing... just not fast enough ... maybe.

The best thing to do on the recover media is hit esc - bring up the boot menu and select the drive it is installed in. kind of a waste of time chaning the bios boot order imho.

but that is basically it.

good luck.

I'm a HP employee
Honor Student
rulion
Message 3 of 6 (7,076 Views)

I have the standard install and I cannot get to the BIOS options either. I have tapped ESC, F2, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12. I have held down ESC, F2, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12. And I cannot get into options.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, and my increasing frustration is not helping. 

Thanks!

Honor Student
rulion
Message 4 of 6 (7,058 Views)

Once I used the bottom DVI connector I seemed to have better luck getting to the system menu.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 6 (7,011 Views)

Hello rulion. Do you still need assistance with your issue? Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Student
sprugg828
Message 6 of 6 (5,253 Views)

Coming late to the "party" here...but I cannot press ESC of F10 or F12 fast enough to get into the BIOS on boot up.  I hit the power and these buttons near simultaneously and near continuously until I get to the login screen of Windows.  I always get 6 beeps on every boot up???

I also have installed a video card (AMD Radeon HD 6450) for HDMI viewing. I have Windows 8.1 installed.

Any Ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation